Reminder!

You have to have made a minimum of 5 posts in order see the contents of [url][/url] and [code][/code] tags

Author Topic: [GUIDE] Mining with xmr-stak-win64 & ar-xmr-stak  (Read 9344 times)

0 Members and 1 Moocher are viewing this topic.

Offline thepitster

• Web Master
  • Activity:
    73.4%
  • ALLRiPPED Original
    • ALLRiPPED
[GUIDE] Mining with xmr-stak-win64 & ar-xmr-stak
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
or make a 5 post minimum to see url tags.
xmr-stak-win64 v2.3.0 is an ALL-IN-ONE Command Line Interface (CLI) Monero (and AEON) Miner, it utilizes any CPU(s) or GPU(s) (AMD or nVidia) you have at the ready.

!
DO NOT USE OLD CONFIG FILES

Start in a fresh folder with just the extract contents of the xmr-stak-win64.zip

When you first run 'xmr-stak.exe' it goes thru the process of asking:
Please enter:
- Do you want to use the HTTP interface?
Unlike the screen display, browser interface is not affected by the GPU lag.
If you don't want to use it, please enter 0, otherwise enter port number that the miner should listen on
Configuration stored in file 'config.txt'
Please enter:
- Please enter the currency that you want to mine:
        - aeon7
        - cryptonight
        - cryptonight_lite
        - edollar
        - electroneum
        - graft
        - intense
        - karbo
        - monero7
        - stellite
        - sumokoin

- Pool address: e.g. pool.usxmrpool.com:333
- Username (wallet address or pool login):
- Password (mostly empty or x)
- Rig identifier for pool-side statistics (needs pool support). Can be empty:
- Does this pool port support TLS/SSL? Use no if unknown. (y/N)
- Do you want to use nicehash on this pool? (y/n)
- Do you want to use multiple pools? (y/n)

After that it will create one of more or the configuration files: config.txt, cpu.txt, nvidia.txt, & amd.txt
config.txt is the miner CLI stuff so we go into that one first and I will explain to you the "safe" stuff to tweak or change to suit your needs without causing miner instabilities or lapses.
5 post minimum to see code tags!
okay above is the entire config.txt, anything from "pool_list" to "print_motd" gernally is nothing there needs to be messed with, you can also  Press 'h' (hashrate), 'r' (results) or 'c' (connection) to print reports.
The "h_print_time" as you can see I set  30 (seconds) instead of the default 60, I like to see my hashrate averages earlier than every minute, but do not set this too low if you gonna mine 100% CPU as lowering this would eat up more of that CPU from the actual mining.
Now the Built In Web server, this was a nice little addition I find handy

Now the Built In Webserver, this was a nice little addition I find handy
It asks to set this from the start and it gives you a nice little web page in order to view your Hash Rates, Results, and Connections

Okay I will explain this for a WINDOWS system,basically ALL the important stuff comes after "cpu_threads_conf".

So the lines with { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 }, low_power_mode set to 'true' can give you increase performance in mining.
"affine_to_cpu" can be either a number as you see above, "affine_to_cpu" : 0, 1, 2, 3 etc. or you can set it to 'false' and it is not suppose use that core but appears that it does anyways even when set to 'false', I always recommend if you are gonna mine CPU and GPU on the same machine always leave one CPU core off from mining so it does not lag your GPU down.

I have experienced that if you just remove the core lines IE: { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" :  3}, entirely it will not use the core(s) of the removed config lines or you can comment them out so the CLI ignores them like so:

5 post minimum to see code tags!the /* COMMENT */ tells the CLI to ignore anything between them so this way it will NOT use cores 2 & 3 but use cores 0 & 1 only.

setting  "affine_to_cpu" to true show good results in hashrates, this one here I had to change to get max from my GPU was "bfactor" : 6, it was set to 8 and it did not give me max hashrates but six seems to have done the job just fine, you can also if you like change the "threads" : 32, they default to 64 but you can use any number from 1 to 64 (I suggest not using lower thread number as it may not produce higher hash rates).

So far I have but only one AMD to test this one and it's only a 1GB card but it gives off 90ish H/s of it with the above config in place.

and that is the xmr-stak-win64 Monero Miner.

UPDATE ADDED

They added a pools.txt file to hold information about all your pools, if you decide to use more than one.
UPDATE ADDED

EDIT: added new configs to guide above
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:22:52 AM by thepitster »
Click Sig For More Shares
OpenWindows.Net™ When Dreams Become Nightmares
# sudo chown -R us ./base

The following users thanked this post: HyperionX

Offline HyperionX

• ALLRiPPED Original
  • Forum Breaker
  • Activity:
    49.6%
  • King Forum Lurker
    • ALLRiPPED
Re: Guide to get you mining with xmr-stak-win64
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:36:07 PM »
I like it but I need you to make one change on it You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
or make a 5 post minimum to see url tags. put my wallet address into there instead of yours :P

Offline Afaz

• ARW STAFF
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    48.2%
  • ARW Chief Berufsverbot Hammer
    • ALLRiPPED
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 06:09:20 PM »
lol damn nice tutorial. i like how its all laid out and i like that webserver portion. nicehash will tell me when a "worker" goes offline or online eg crashes and restarts...but live monitoring i believe you have to use their paid version. with Nicehash i specifically use the algo "nist5" for gpu, i typically get 68.99-71.04 MH/s opposed to the other algo such as "Lyra2REv2" which i get approx 55-59 MH/s.... Cryptonight seems to be extremely buggy, ill check and its working hashing at a decent amount for CPU around 260-285 h/s but sometimes when it crashes and closes out the stak dos window, it will either not start back up or it will show in the GUI that its hashing but the DOS stak window isnt even open showing new blocks..etc or will take 3 hours before it opens the dos window again(so is it actually hashing???) so lately ive been disabling CPU mining on nicehash, letting minergate CPU mine while nicehash GPU mines BTC using "nist5" algo. The charts show i profit more from "Lyra2REv2" by a small amt of BTC per day but i get higher MH/s and wayyyyyyy more accepted shares per minute... it confuses me... id like to optomize the config file but i feel like id end up breaking it or causing the miner to crash my gpu...
CLICK SIG FOR MORE UPLOADS - PM For Dead Links
Crypto Dono's Appreciated and Welcomed!
BTC:3EEeuHaDP5KypTMZp5diLUL8umaFwN7DCT
LTC:MGnyy1y4DcEeDeoJdp4hYwFoeFZHzXPpYm
"Moocher Dont be a leech. No one likes a leecher"-Wise words from Afaz.
-ARW Staff-

Offline thepitster

• Web Master
  • Activity:
    73.4%
  • ALLRiPPED Original
    • ALLRiPPED
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
well fazzy no pain no gain :evil:
Click Sig For More Shares
OpenWindows.Net™ When Dreams Become Nightmares
# sudo chown -R us ./base